Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pineapples - The Icon of "Hospitality"
To me, using pineapples in invitations never gets old! It's one of those timeless pieces that not only brings to mind the image of Hawaii or a tropical destination, but to me it somehow represents the warmth and Aloha you feel when you go to Hawaii.

I know that people have told me that the pineapple is the symbol of "hospitality". I had to look it up on wikipedia.com and this is what they had to say:

In some cultures, the pineapple has become associated with the notion of welcome, an association bespoken by the use of pineapple motifs as carved decorations in woodworking. Many people bring a pineapple as a gift when meeting someone for the first time.

Anyway, I had another client that liked my pineapple charm design and she wanted pinks and greens. I rather like this patterned stock that provides the green element, but it softer and classier than just plain green metallic cardstock. Anyway, the brass pineapple charms really make this invitation look polished and stylish!

No comments: