Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Creating Custom Designs With Special Meaning
From time to time, clients ask me if I'm able to create something custom, meaning a sketch or illustration of where they are getting married. For these types of clients I enlist the help of my brother, who is the true artist in the family. This illustration is of Hale Kai Estate, where I also believe King Kamehameha used to stay there and the image is of the canoe landing off the water and near the main house! With the help of my brother, who did the drawing, I was able to do Noelani and Albert's wedding invitations and they asked me to do their program fans and hair flowers for the bridal party. Noelani is an up and coming pastry chef at Cake Rack of Kona. You definitely should check out their little pastry shop as they make tasty pastries, cupcakes and wedding cakes!

You can pretty much bet that no one else will have the same invitation as her's. I also did in the past (again with the help of my brother who did the artwork) the invitations, programs and guest book for another client who got married at the historic Mokuaikaua Church and her reception was outside of Hulihe'e Palace. Talk about another great historical landmark to tie the knot! Both of these clients were referrals from the awesome Wedding Planner Extraordinare, Cheryl Shoemaker of Orchid Isle Weddings and Events! She's a wonderful, proactive and really pays attention to the details to help create a beautiful wedding day for her clients. There's not a lot of Big Island based wedding planners so if you're looking for good ones, check out Orchid Isle Weddings & Events at http://www.orchidisleweddings.com/.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mahalo D :)
Back right at ya Babe!