Thursday, March 27, 2008

See Martha Stewart Make Hydrangeas on Tuesday, April 1st!
I'm gearing up for the Martha Stewart Show! A lot of long hours, making samples, swap outs and creating the "how to" with the producers. I give the producers a LOT of credit! It's amazing how quickly they move and work with someone who is not TV savvy. Martha definitely has an awesome team!
So this is finally what we came up with for the show. Because they only had enough time to do 1 segment with the flowers, we've decided that hydrangeas in a little egg cup is the way to go. Plus, hydrangea flowers are very popular and what better way to show how clay flowers are a great alternative, especially when you like the really delicate flowers that wilt so quickly.
My son is already so sad that his Mommy is leaving him for a couple of days! He's never been without me for more than maybe 6-8 hours.
I hope you'll watch on Tuesday! I just hope I do a good job! What a chance of a lifetime and I'm so happy to be doing it and sharing this awesome craft/art with the crafters of America! If you can't view it when it's on in your area, you can tune into www.marthastewart.com and they will have it archived on their website!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you.Remember our conversation a few years ago? Even then there were 2 of us who believed you should try for the Martha Stewart show (Denise and I if I remember correctly). Now you got on without even trying! It was destiny and I know you'll do great. Wonderful choice of flowers too, easy to make and impressive results. You go Girl! or should I say "break a leg" The boys and I are rooting for you!

Debashri said...

Hi,
Congratulations! I am sure you will do well on the show!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Diane! I have Martha on DVR, so I will definitely watch. How exciting for you and Yukiko!

Anonymous said...

You GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Girl!
Say "Hi Hi!!" to the Big Apple and Ms. Martha for us - we are in AWE!
Love & Hugs, Cher & Alex

Anonymous said...

I saw your segment on Martha, how beautiful, you have inspired me so much, Ive been making paper flowers, but feel limited by the colors, this medium is totally limitless, Thank you!

DK Designs said...

You're very welcome. I hope you'll be able to purchase the clay and book and see where it will take you! It's amazing stuff and you can do more than just flowers with this medium. Skies the limit!

You can purchase the clay and tools either at:
www.decoclay.com or www.islandheritage.com

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane!
I'm Cheryl's friend, Michelle :) Just saw you on Martha, you did so well!!! I always wondered how you made the flowers, and now I know :) You made it look so easy! So you're back in the Bay Area? Do you still teach classes?

Congratulations, I'm so excited for you!!