Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New Business Stems from TheKnot.com Wedding Favors Photo Gallery
Yesterday I was shopping with Aidan at Target and I got a call. I didn't recognize the phone number so I let it go to VM and finished shopping. It was a call from a bride who was interested in my clay flowers. So when I got home I called Joanne back and she told me she saw my favors on theknot.com.

It just so happens that when you click on the image, it does in fact say, "Favors - DK Designs Hawaii"! Joanne is getting married at the same resort that Mae & Jeremy got married at and she just had to have these favors for her wedding. The wedding is less than 3 weeks away, July 15th to be exact. Luckily it's only 40 favors. Anyway, we're working fast to get it done. I haven't created the flower yet, but I worked on her favor tag samples last night in addition to trying to work on my 1st Canadian bride's order that needs to go out on Monday next week.

Luckily Joanne had some artwork she's used for her wedding details so we used that. We're going to go with a pink hibiscus flowers with pink and green ribbons. I hope to post later this week with the actual sample to show all of you. Here's the favor tags, which one do you think works best. I think I like the watercolor hibiscus design. It screams "dreamy, tropical, island wedding"! I'm just amazed at how many people see the favors and the Real Weddings and contact me. I just wish I had more leadtime! I guess though life isn't perfect! I'm just very happy that I am able to support these orders!
Yesterday morning I also used some flowers I had made extras of from other things and put together a simple arrangement at a lower price point on my Etsy site. It sold within the hour. Just so happened a previous Etsy.com buyer of mine who purchased 2 arrangements after I was on the Martha Stewart Show. I really appreciate my repeat customers. I hope moving forward that I have the time to come up with some small token "Thank You" gifts for customers such as these!
I also worked on a sample yesterday morning for another client who saw me via my http://www.mywedding.com/ link. Funny how Lindsay came across my site because she's getting married on the dunes in Holden Beach, NC and my listing is for Hawaii, although I serve customers nationwide. Anyway, this is the sample I created for her. She wanted pinks and greens and she wanted the casablanca lily as her wedding flowers are titanic pink roses and white lilies. Pinks and greens are definitely very popular. They were the main colors for my wedding too! Hard to believe, we're coming up on 3 years! The only sad thing is we don't get to spend our anniversary dinner at the Orchids at the Halekulani Hotel and have my wedding cake - their signature Coconut Haupia Cake! :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!! Well, my friend told me about Beyond Blossoms. I got many discount offers with best customer services on fresh flowers. Thanks John.