Sunday, July 13, 2008

New DK Designs Save the Date Concepts
So before I begin my 190 cymbidium orchid favors for my early August brides, I have been working on some sample save the date cards for a couple more clients for their upcoming weddings in 2009. The plumeria design was the easiest sell of them all. I made two samples (one with a phaleonopsis orchid and one with a plumeria design) and sent them to the client and they made the decision in like 45 minutes of me sending them the samples via email! Courtney's colors are the tiffany blue and chocolate brown. These are images of her save the dates that we are going with. Both brides found my items on TheKnot.com.

The second came to me via Orchid Isle Weddings & Events, although Erin had seen Mae & Jeremy's wedding and fell in love with all the elements. So she came to us with her possible color palette. White and black with punches of bright pinks and purples. She sent me a design of an invitation she liked and I found an image that I could use to recreate something very similar to what she wanted and this is what I came up with. I normally don't do a lot of color blocking because it's so much printer ink, but it definitely looks nice! :)

I have one more set of samples/designs to work on today for Alyssa so stay tuned for that.... Her color palette is navy and light blues with a hint of orange. Lots to do today...

No comments: