Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fuchsia Pink Poppy Clay Cake Flower

A client found me via my Etsy site and asked if I could create a fuchsia pink poppy cake flower for her wedding cake. She liked the hair flower I made, but obviously that was made for the hair and she needed something on a larger scale. She asked me if I could create one for her. I asked her to give me the size of her cake layers and the top layer is going to be 8 inches. So I suggested to her so the flower would not get lost in the cake, to go with a 6 inch diameter poppy flower. Obviously at this point the poppy would be a little over the top, but the key was that it be part of the cake versus lost in it.
So... this is how it turned out. My recommendation to brides who want custom clay cake flowers when asking for a quote, please provide me with as much information about your wedding cake (# of layers, dimensions of layers, shape of the cake and where you envision the flowers to go). This will help me determine how best to create your cake flowers and also to make sure that the flowers are large enough!

No comments: