Thursday, March 19, 2009

Elisa & Jay - Real Wedding in Negril, Jamaica

My wonderful clients, Elisa & Jay just got back their wedding and honeymoon in Negril, Jamaica. I got a really nice email from Elisa letting me know that the flowers arrived safely but gave me some helpful hints from an international destination bride's perspective.
Shipping Elisa's order was stressful because I had to express mail it. Although it arrived in Jamaica the day after I sent it, it sat in customs for 4 days! I was nervous as I wasn't sure if it would make it to her final destination. I checked the status every day and finally the Thursday before her wedding it arrived at the hotel. She told me that she had to retrieve 2 boxes that she had shipped previous to my box the day before her wedding. The kicker was that she had to pay more duties even though the items were for personal use. She said it had to be paid in cash. I can only imagine the stress and drama she endured. So she did ask me to tell my international destination brides who live in the US but are getting married overseas. It's better to have family & friends hand carry the items on board or in their suitcases and deal with customs at the airport than to try and deal with shipments. Elisa paid a pretty penny for shipping and then to add on the duties on top of that is just insane.
Anyway, today's post is not all about the horrors of customs clearance when shipping orders, but more about the beautiful photographs her friends took of their wedding. What a beautiful location and my flowers aren't so bad either. :) I can't wait to see the pictures from her photographer as well. Thank you Elisa for sharing your wedding day photos, but also sharing some helpful advice for brides getting married overseas!

No comments: