Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cherry Blossom Corsages and Boutonnieres

It's been a crazy day, but I'm happy to say that I finished the 2 orders that had to get done before I leave on vacation. The morning started out printing my client's menus, place cards, water bottle sleeves and assembling everything. Then my aunt came over to help me put all that together. Then rushed off to see my son swim. That's always a joy to watch him. Then I finally finished the remaining boutonniere and corsage pieces of Sarah's order. I love cherry blossoms and the nice thing about clay flowers is you can have beautiful cherry blossoms any time of the year and they'll look gorgeous the entire wedding and well beyond when the festivities are over.
It's been a grueling 12 months and honestly, the last time we took an official vacation was last August/September. I'm so looking forward to a break from the daily grind of making flowers and invitations. I need to get re-energized for the coming year. I will be doing some work, but I'm excited about this one so I hope to share with you in the coming weeks what I'm planning.
But for now, my plan is to enjoy the time with my husband, my son and my in-laws. Family is so important and without them we wouldn't be who we are today. This trip is going to be bittersweet because my mother-in-law is dying of cancer. I'm going to make the most of my time with her and really treasure all the days we have together. She's been so wonderful to me in the short time that I have known her.

My son can finally not have to compete for my time and ask whether or not I'm done making flowers or working. LOL...

2 comments:

Forever Blooms Decor Gifts said...

Hi Dieane...yes we do need a vacation after we work so hard...hope you have a good holiday with your family ;-)

marie christine said...

Happy vacation Diane !
My prayers are with you for your mother-in law.
Big Hugs !