Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ivory and Blue - Boutonnieres and Corsages

One of my clients from last year had referred some friends of hers to me for their wedding needs. Alessandro and Jamie emailed me to see if I could create some boutonnieres and wrist corsages. They had told me this would be for a same sex marriage so they wanted to keep it simple. The colors are ivory and blue. Based on their budget we worked out the details. The wrist corsages would consist of 2 ivory roses and 2 clusters of blue hydrangeas and ivory ribbons with some greenery. The 5 boutonnieres would be ivory roses with some greenery and some dark brown branches. Alessandro and Jamie's boutonnieres would be a little bit more elaborate with some hydrangea clusters.
I occasionally get requests for items for same sex marriage/unions. My philosophy is this, regardless of who you choose to marry, I always try to make the experience of working with DK Designs on a wedding an enjoyable one. Alessandro and Jamie told me that they had wished that all of their vendors were as helpful, responsive and just plain nice. That really meant a lot. I also feel your wedding day is the most important days in your life regardless of who you choose to marry! :)
Best wishes to Alesandro and Jamie for a very happy wedding day!

No comments: