Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! Welcome 2010

First off let me just wish all of my blog readers new and old, a Happy New Year! Hope you had a fun, wonderful and safe celebration last night. This year has really flown by. Is it me or does each year seem to go quicker and quicker?

In our household, it never fails, someone is always sick. This is the second year in a row that one of us is sick. My husband is just getting better and now my son has it. So we will be missing out on the NY Day celebration with my mom's side of the family. Oh how I miss all the good food that everyone brings. Maybe someone will take pity on us and bring us a couple plates. I've grown up eating some amazing food every New Year's Day, dishes that have been passed down from generations. Plus some new dishes and great eats from those who join the family. My contribution that was started by my mother is cream puffs. After she passed away, I was given the task of making them when she was gone. So I've only missed maybe 1-2 years because we lived in Hawaii. Whether I can come or not, they always expect me to have them there. It's a lot of work, but it's what family does. :)

Anyway, today will be no different than any other day. I will be busy catching up on my work since the 2010 wedding line will be launching with one of my clients and I need to get her the photos and write ups for everything. I'm excited about this product line up for this year. Lots of creative things we're doing. Branching out a little bit from last year.
As you know, I've also started a joint venture with my dear friend Myrna of Petal Chic. We're totally excited about everything we're creating and then it spurs new thoughts and ideas. It truly is skies the limit! We will start launching some of our items on Saturday so be sure to check out www.gofigurette.etsy.com!

Again, Happy New Year and I hope that 2010 brings you all nothing but continued happiness, love, health and prosperity. Here's to the start of another wonderful decade!

2 comments:

marie christine said...

DEAREST DIANE

I WISH YOU AND YOURS A HAPPY, HEALTHY, BLESSED AND PEACEFUL NEW YEAR !
MAY 2010 BE BRIGHT AND FILLED WITH LOTS OF HAPPINESS AND LOVE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY !
MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE !

DK Designs said...

Marie Christine, Thank you! I wish the same for you and your husband and loved ones! Thank you for being one of my avid blog readers and clay art collectors. :)