Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Flower Projects

It's been a while since my last blog post. I've been busy with helping my husband install a new kitchen floor a day prior to my son's birthday party, throwing my son a birthday party, teaching and finishing up some orders.
I wanted to share some photos from a few orders I've been working on. The first is a bridal bouquet order for a client in Texas. She had first asked my dear friend Myrna to make her bouquet, but Myrna felt a little nervous about making flowers she had never tried before. Then all of a sudden I got an email from Candice asking me to work on her flowers. Myrna was of course fine with it. Candice asked for Texas bluebonnets and she was adamant that it must be on the stalk in it's original form. So I looked at photos and got some good images to try and create them out of clay. She said that I did a fabulous job and capturing how they really do look. That makes me happy! I have been so out of it lately with everything going on in my life personally and professionally that I forgot that Candice wanted gardenias in her bouquet to mimic the gardenia flower in her necklace she is wearing for her wedding day attire! So i rushed to make them yesterday and put them together. Her maid of honor bouquet is all ivory and white with the Texas bluebonnet 5 leaf greenery.
The boutonniere we decided would focus on the beauty of the Texas bluebonnet so we agreed to use the ranunculus so that the eye would be drawn to the theme flower!
I also was able to whip up a small arrangement for Mother's Day and I love the teal blue, yellow and cream combination! Just listed it last night on Etsy.
The last piece is something you have seen before, another Knottie bride saw my Jennifer Behr inspired hibiscus hair comb from one of my other Knottie clients and asked if I could recreate it but in ivory. This is how her hair comb turned out.

I've got a few more things to catch up on today so I better get back to the studio!

No comments: