Monday, July 19, 2010

A Very Special Custom Gift

I was contacted a few days ago by one of my past Etsy buyers asking if I could make something custom for someone very special in her life, her aunt. Amanda asked if I could make an arrangement of flowers for her aunt who has breast cancer and the prognosis is not good. She thought that my flowers would be a bright spot in her day and something that would last and she could enjoy every day!
Amanda's story really hit close to home for me. My mother also died of breast cancer and most recently my mother-in-law died of bladder cancer. My heart reached out to Amanda and her family and what they are going through. I felt the need to share my story with Amanda and I think she really appreciated that I could relate to her situation and offer some really good advice.

Time was of the essence with this arrangement so she told me that her aunt loves Maui and flowers in Hawaii so we created a piece that had plumerias, cymbidiums, roses and tuberose in a pandan box vase from Eco-Friendly Market. She loved it and she was so happy that I really dropped everything else to make sure this arrangement gets out to her. I told her I would express mail it to her tomorrow so that she receives it on Wednesday. I was hoping to ship it today, but it needs one more day to dry.

I'm so honored to be asked to create a piece that her aunt will enjoy and I hope that Amanda's aunt will continue to have hope, fight and just live life to the fullest.

No comments: