Monday, October 4, 2010

Centerpieces for My 20 Year High School Reunion

Wow, 20 years since I graduated high school. Makes me feel old! LOL. Actually what really makes me feel old is that my son is going to the elementary school I went to so many years ago. It's a great thing to see 2 generations going to the same elementary. Anyway, back to my high school reunion... Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this milestone event, but with that being said, I'm able to contribute in some small way by donating these lovely centerpieces I made for the reunion. I wonder which 10 of my classmates will be lucky enough to take one of these lovely centerpieces home. :)
Our school colors are black and gold, so I decided that creamy yellow peonies with a golden yellow center would be perfect. The class coordinators told me I had creative license to do what I wanted. The issue for me was time and my existing work load. I had offered the peonies because they are big and would make a statement, but simple at the same time. I was looking for a good bud vase and came across these cracked glass bud vases that add a neat element instead of just plain glass bud vases.I'm thankful that Facebook has reunited me with many of my high school friends. It's neat to see how much everyone has changed and some who remain the same. We are all at different stages in our lives but it's fun to see what everyone is doing and see their children.

1 comment:

Kate Somburanayut said...

Wow .... So beautiful. I love your peonies.