Monday, October 25, 2010

Final C3 project completed!

It's been a very busy couple of weeks trying to juggle being a mom, teaching and getting my work done. I finally had the opportunity to finish the last C3 project from the instructors course with the DECO Clay Craft Academy. The final project was lots of work, but it turned out beautifully.

Something that's very popular in European and Japanese wedding floral design is called an "assist" it's basically a frame that adds a decorative flair but also provides support for the bouquet. My instructor, Yukiko shared with us how to create these lovely bouquets! We learned how to do phaleanopsis orchids using some new techniques, shrub roses and lilacs using some cool peps. Where were these peps when I was making my lilac bouquets for my clients?
I chose to do white orchids with purple centers but I also wanted a touch more purple in the bouquet so I added deep purple orchids into the mix and alternated with light and dark purple lilacs. The shrub roses are in white and peach tones.

Now that this project is done, I have 8 bouquets I have to complete and then start working on things to sell for a craft fair down in San Diego in a few weeks!

1 comment:

Murarisa said...

This bouquet is perfect!
Every your new work impresses me so much and sometimes I just can't find a words to say. But now I'll say it - you are The Master.
Thank you for you work.