Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wedding Gift - Reception Centerpieces

My dear friend, Sheryl and her fiance Norm are getting married next weekend! It's been a long time coming and I'm so happy for the two of them. I was fortunate enough to be asked to do her wedding invitations and favors. I also ended up doing her candle votives, table cards and I wanted to gift her with 2 centerpieces for her head table that she could keep as keepsakes.We decided on 3 vases with the aquamarine patterned stock and plum purple ribbon we used on her invitations. The taller vase will house her wedding bouquet that a fresh florist is creating for her and these 2 centerpieces will sit on either side of the bouquet. Her florist is using ivory Vendela roses, white callas with a purple throat and cymbidium orchids. She fell in love with these deep plum purple orchids I did for another client so we used those and I asked if I could use lilac as filler, so she chose white and green lilacs. I love how they turned out.All the best to Sheryl and Norm on their wedding day!

No comments: