Thursday, November 17, 2011

Custom arrangements to remember loved ones

Recently a client contacted me to see if I could create some custom arrangements. Initially it was to be put in a vase, but after meeting with her and her sister, we discussed what it was for. They had plans to place the ashes of their father and brother in a niche at the cemetery later this month and wanted 2 arrangements to be used to go on top the beautiful dark wood box style urns.
Although it's always hard for me to make flowers for such a somber thing as death, I thought it was very sweet that they wanted to hire me to make something that would be everlasting and beautiful to remember the lives of their father and brother at the cemetery.One arrangement is full of purples and blues with peonies, roses, some purple blossoms and hydrangeas. The second arrangement was oranges, yellows and purples with peonies, poppies, ranunculus, lilacs and small blossoms.

It's going to be a busy holiday week next week for me as I have a large holiday card and wedding invitation order to complete. Plus I have a custom order of 4 teapots to finish by the weekend. So much for slowing down a bit for the holidays.

No comments: