Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Special Request with Special Meaning

It's been a long time since my last post. Needless to say, my large order which I thought was done needs some more modifications per the bride's request. I'll share photos of that when the project is completed.
I did however want to share some pictures of a project I just completed. My late mother-in-law's, best friend, who we love dearly, asked me if I could help her with her only granddaughter's wedding. Her granddaughter is marrying a wonderful man who has Scottish roots so they want to honor his heritage. They asked me to make Scotland Thistle. When I looked it up, I figured no problem, I can figure it out. LOL. I finally had a chance last weekend to start working on it. I tried a couple of different things, but this was my best effort. Granted I feel I can still improve on the thistle, but I think it is close enough that it will remind them of Scotland's national flower.Working on some Mother's Day gifts for clients and some custom orders. More photos to share in a day or two.

4 comments:

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

What a challenge...but you pulled it off beautifully!

DK Designs said...

Thank you so much Lissa! :)

Mary said...

Those little white pots are precious. Love the roses.

Mary said...

I love the white pots with roses.