Thursday, January 15, 2015

We Got Snow...

While this post is a little late, I just had to share these photos. We live in Southern California and as you can imagine, unless you live in the high elevations, it's pretty rare to get snow. We live at an elevation of 1600 feet so the winter storm from Canada was forecasted for snow levels to drop to as low as 1000 feet. 
I kept telling my husband that they are forecasting snow and he, being from the East Coast, told me there is no way. Well, at about midnight the of the 30th/31st, the rain turned to snow. Of course, we figured there's no way it would be there by morning. I awoke to the sound of kids' voices at 6:30 a.m. I looked outside and viola, it was WHITE as snow!
Since we are new to the area, everyone said that it's been 10 years since they had snow and that it stuck. I had experienced snow when I was little in the Bay Area and never again saw snow that stuck and I'm much older now. My son has not even experienced the snow so he was in for a treat. We weren't prepared by any means so it was hard to go out and have fun but we managed to throw some snowballs. Even Molly our little Boston Terrier loved the snow!

It was a nice way to bring in the New Year, but boy did it become an inconvenience. No one here is prepared for snow. It literally stuck around until January 4th! We're happy to be back in warmer temperatures and it's forecasted to get close to 80 this weekend!

No comments: